TV is pretty low down on the list of things that need sorting for an independent Scotland, so the fact the SNP can f**k this up so much should really make you wonder about the bigger issues…
Questions for the Nationalists
- The Nationalists say they would “just buy the Programmes that we’d want.” Which programmes pass that test?
- The UK BBC currently spends around £2.5billion on output. How much would the SBC spend?
- The SNP claim that they would have £325m to spend on programmes. Once existing commitments like BBC Alba, Radio Nan Gaidheal and Radio Scotland are taken into account this would leave the SBC a budget of around £275m. This is half the budget of BBC2. What will the SBC put on its channels to fill broadcast time?
- How much do they estimate buying existing BBC programmes will cost? Have they actually investigated what these will cost? How much would be left over for original programming?
- What will happen to channels like CBeebies which parents and children love?
- Would Scotland have it’s own TV licence enforcement agency? How much would this cost?
- Have negotiations begun with unions over the future of the BBC workforce, their terms and conditions?
Thankyou for purchasing your very own cybernat (watch out, he bites!) from SNPIndy.co.notuk! In order to help him grow, please consult the 13 point plan attached to the outside of the cage. Enjoy! (Note: Warranty on cybernats runs out autumn 2014)
Funniest first hand politics story I’ve heard yet - one of my best friend’s brothers is standing for Labour in the Scottish Council Elections. Yesterday he was out knocking doors and visiting people, as our politicians are supposed to do, when he happened upon the house of the local SNP nut. The resident proceeded to shout “NAW, YOOR ALL JUST ANTEH SCOOTUSH” in his face before throwing a small disinfectant wipe at him and telling him to leave.
Needless to say, whenever politics is now mentioned among our friends we take the Nat line and just scream “YOOR JUST ANTEH SCOOTUSH!” You couldn’t write it.
Oh, how I do fear the Word of Eck!
Scottish Conservatives, I beg you, get behind Murdo Fraser for the coming elections! Turn the party around and strike back against the Nationalists!
My position is quite straight-forward. I want to see centre-right policies implemented in Scotland. I believe in a small state and personal responsibility. Throughout my life the Conservative Party is the only party that has represented those beliefs and that is why I am a member of the Scottish…
Danny Houston of the Scottish Unionist Party. Although a tiny party bereft of seats in Parliament, the SUP may yet become the nucleus of the Unionist fightback in the coming years. It is certain that they will vehemently contest any Independence referendum.